The secret to getting your happy back isn’t in some little blue pill, it’s in a little molecule called cannabidiol. And how is helps you is linked specifically to how it interacts with your endocannabinoid system. By taking CBD consistently, your body will achieve homeostasis, and CBD offers an additional mood-stabilizing benefit that can create a lasting sense of euphoria and improve overall health and wellness. Herein we will travel the path of how the science supports CBD to get back your happy.
- CBD has unique chemical properties, the high concentration of cannabinoids found in cannabidiol naturally unlock the body’s cannabinoid receptors, which help your body naturally stimulate positive responses and result in a more cheerful disposition and improved mood. These super charged cannabinoids are also linked to helping with focus and energy- a body in motion helps eliminate negative emotion.
- While this may sound too good to be true, the science speaks for itself. In even the most distinguished of expert and scientific circles, cannabinoids are often referred to as “feel good” molecules. This is proven not to be a misnomer- the main molecular component in cannabidiol is called anandamide. Derived from the Sanskrit word Ananda- meaning “bliss” - anandamide works as a neurotransmitter to help modulate a wide range of psychological mechanisms. Namely by helping the body achieve and maintain homeostasis.
- Another factor with the way in which CBD can help you achieve an overall positive outlook can be found in the way it effects your central nervous system. While the substance doesn’t appear to alter consciousness or trigger a “high.” CBD invoking a sense of “High on life” might realistically apply. Evidence points toward a calming effect in the central nervous system, and subsequently it helps ease the body into healthy sleep and wake cycles. Bouncing those circadian rhythms to its own cannabidiol beat.
- PTSD can be obliterated with a steady regime of CBD- By following the science the truth is undeniable. A recent 8 week-long double-blind case study shows that 91% of participants noticed a marked reduction in stress and anxiety. Physical attributes of reduced blood pressure and cortisol can even be seen in the participants taking CBD continuously.
- CBD use to help alleviate the symptoms of depression is become more widely accepted as the studies which originally focused on rats and animals are moving to human trials. CBD is proved to interact with serotonin receptors in the brain. While not strictly acting as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, it has been found to help maintain healthy levels of serotonin which may contribute to feelings of happiness and well-being. A 2018 study and subsequent survey showed that patients find CBD to rival the effects of antidepressant drugs and wildly outmatch their laundry list of negative side-effects.
Plant medicine is real, the answers are all around us, not in a manmade pill but in nature itself. #karmanotpharma